External Dimensions: 4.9m by 4.7m
Internal area: 18.4m
Overall we were very pleased with the customer service we received. We felt that your designer Steve was clearly very keen to secure our business but managed to do this without being overly pushy. We were pleased with how flexible the initial stages of design were in terms of designing the building exactly to our size requirements and including a side gate and fence plus changing elements to fit our budget. Steve really gave the impression that he wanted to get it right for us and we appreciated his patience and hard work. During the build, the building team on site handled everything brilliantly. The snagging items were dealt with quickly at the end as well.
We were extremely impressed with the installation team. They were exceptionally hard working, very clear in their communication and very skilled. They were also very friendly and easy to work with. We can't speak more highly of them.
Installing of permanent garden studio is a great use of space and a sound investment. The Sharps approached Garden Spaces to discuss such a project, needing office space from which to run their business. Our designer conducted a free site survey and drew up proposed designs and costings which after a few iterations they were very happy with. A notable feature of this design is the integral cedar fence to one side of the office, designed to partition off the bottom section of the garden to create a useful out-of-site place for recycling bins etc.
- Site preparation: We carried our minor excavation work to achieve the desired levels before building commenced.
- Doors and windows: Attractively design with French doors and a glazed corner, giving a sense of light and spaciousness whilst retaining plenty of wall space within for desks, shelves and storage.
- Frames and glazing: uPVC double glazing (anthracite grey) with high security 5-point locking to doors and key operated window locks. A rated Argon filled toughened glazing throughout.
- Western Red Cedar cladding: Our most popular external finish, it is a very hardy wood, almost knot free grain, kiln dried and fixed with secret stainless steel pins. It can be oiled annually but is otherwise maintenance free.
- Heating: Wall mounted Convector heater was installed with a thermostat and timer, hard wired via a switched spur.
- Electrical installations: 9 internal and 3 external LED down-lights, 5 double power sockets, an external double power socket and a PIR security light, installed and fully certified by our experienced electrician.