External Dimensions: 10.7m by 4.3m
Internal area: 30.7msq
Integral Storage: 6.9msq
We are thrilled with our garden room which we call our "Pavillion". Garden spaces worked with us throughout the design phase and we were sympathetic to our brief. As we live in a locally listed house we had to be mindful of our design in terms of style and finish. We really appreciated the personal touches from Steven Powell and we feel well advised from design to completion. We had some tricky questions and issues at the start of the build but we managed to work through this with ease.
In terms of our room, it is truly multi-functional. My family use it to watch movies, play on their console, play table tennis and pool. We also use it as a gym, study and even a guest bedroom or sleep over space for my sons' friends. It also has 2 large storage areas which was key for us as we don't have a loft or garage. We were worried that we wouldn't use the space as we have to walk up the garden (sounds ridiculous!) but we actually use it every day and on the weekend it kind of feels like a holiday home!
The room was finished to an amazing standard and feels warm and cosy. Just like a normal room in a house. The building team were first class. Turned up on time and were clean and tidy. Finished on time too. Couldn't ask for a better experience.
In summary I would absolutely recommend garden spaces. First class service- we are truly over the moon. Thank you to everyone.
The Woods decided, like so many, to use part of the garden to create more living space for the family. It is a highly cost effective way of extend your property and generally can be done within permissible development, bypassing the onerous task of gaining Planning Consent. The design incorporated a number of features including two substantial storage areas.
- External storage: Accessible through white rendered double door that blend with the front faÃ§ade. A SIPs lined almost 7msq room, ideal for bike and garden equipment.
- Internal storage: Accessible to the left of the main reception area.
- Bespoke doors: Three Sliding sash doors give a spacious light room with unfettered views across the garden.
- Decking: Our non-slip durable composite decking extends the usable space.
- Frames and glazing: Powder coated aluminium frames with high security 5-point locking to doors and key operated window locks. A rated Argon filled toughened glazing throughout.
- Polymer Render: This white render complimented by the black frames and decking were chosen as they are in keeping with style of the main house.
- Flooring: Upgraded to engineered oak flooring, with a 30 year manufacturers warranty.
- Heating: Wall mounted Convector heater was installed with a thermostat and timer.
- Electrical installations: 18 internal and 5 external LED down-lights, 10 double power sockets, installed and fully certified by our experienced electrician.