External dimensions: 4m by 3m
Internal area: 10msq
The Crisfords, like so many with busy lives and a determination to stay fit, wanted to install a garden gym. Our designer visited them on site to discuss the best size, position and specification. The finished studio, carefully positioned close to the boundary wall, looks over the landscaped garden with minimal impact on outside space.
- Ground preparation: We offer a complete turn-key service. This often includes the removal of excess inert waste, as in this project. We are also happy to remove unwanted sheds and where needed build retaining walls.
- Additional internal head height: To build close to the boundary but within 'permissible planning' the studio cannot exceed 2.5m externally. Here, 2.25m of internal head room was achieved by digging down and countersinking the floor.
- Heating: A wall mounted convector heater (with thermostat and timer) was installed to boost ambient temperature when needed.
- Laminate flooring: Our 10mm v groove laminate is perfect for a gyms and comes with a manufacturer's 25-year residential warranty.
- Frames: The frames of French doors and 2 x glazed panels are uPVC, coloured grey externally and white internally.
- Glazing: Our double glazing comes with Planitherm Total Plus, enhancing the thermal performance of this SIPs building still further.
- Electrical installations: 6 internal and 2 external LED down-lights and 3 double power sockets, installed by our experienced fully certified electrician.