Home > Garden Rooms > Loft Conversions
When you need to extend your living space a loft conversion may be the first thing that comes to mind but it can have significant disadvantages, including:
- Lengthy applications for planning permission and compliance with strict building regulations
- Builders, dust and upheaval in your home for days or even weeks
- Space which is difficult to use and furnish due to varying ceiling heights and dead space under the eaves
- A room that may get too hot in summer and too cold in winter
- Steep, narrow staircase that makes it difficult to manoeuvre furniture
- Alterations that could compromise the integrity of your home’s original design
GARDEN ROOMS – PURPOSE-BUILT FOR YOUR NEEDS
Before you opt for a loft conversion, why not consider the advantages of a garden room that can be purpose-built for your needs.
Depending on the specification of your garden room, you may not need planning permission so you can proceed quickly without any bureaucratic hold ups. Construction is also confined to the garden so you can get on with life, undisturbed, while work’s going on.
You’re free to choose the design, style and finish of your garden room depending on how you wish to use the space – perhaps as an extra bedroom, lounge, office or playroom or any combination of these things.
- Contemporary, single-storey garden buildings
- The option to increase your ceiling height and natural light with our Apex Duo range
- Special insulation that helps keep your garden room warm in winter and cool in summer, making it cheaper to run
- The option to create a complete living space with the addition of a bathroom or kitchenette if you wish
- Finishing touches, including a choice of lighting, flooring and blinds
- Added climate control to help heat, cool and control the humidity of the building
- A range of windows, skylights and fold-away glazing panels that bring the outside inside and allow you to enjoy uninterrupted views of the garden.
- The option to add decking to your garden room to extend your outdoor living space.
EXPERT HELP TO REALISE YOUR PLANS
No matter how simple or luxurious you’d like to make your garden room we’ll pay close attention to detail to help you achieve your dream garden space. Should your choice of design or specifications require planning permission we can also offer you expert guidance, based on our years of experience, to help make the process as straightforward and stress-free as possible.