Home > Garden Rooms > Conservatories
The first conservatories were the original ‘garden rooms’ – a place where exotic plants could be cultivated and protected from winter frosts. Often they were freestanding iron and glass structures rather than attached to a domestic building and their acres of glass and high ceilings were fit for purpose.
By contrast, the modern-day conservatory or sunroom can often be a ‘quick fix’ for homeowners looking to extend their living space. But, in truth, the end result can turn out to be a significant compromise rather than the perfect solution.
THE DOWNSIDE OF TRADITIONAL CONSERVATORIES
- Conservatory designs often fail to match the architectural style of the original building
- Huge areas of glass can make them too hot to use in summer and too cold in winter
- Large areas of blinds are needed to protect furniture and upholstery from sun damage
- ‘Off-the-peg’ designs often lack wall-space and are harder to furnish.
- Depending on where you live and the size of your conservatory you may experience problems with planning permission.
CONTEMPORARY GARDEN ROOMS – THE PERFECT ALTERNATIVE
Whether you need more space or would like to enjoy year-round views of your garden, our contemporary garden rooms could be the ideal alternative…
- Locate your garden room wherever you choose and achieve the perfect view
- Customise your garden room to suit your needs and taste
- Achieve the optimum amount of natural light with a range of skylights and glazed windows
- Bring the outside inside with a choice of sliding and bifolding doors
- Enjoy year-round use of your garden room, with thermally-efficient materials that keep you cool in summer and warm in winter
- Climate control can create the perfect environment for plants
- Use your ‘garden hideaway’ to provide a peaceful lounge, dining room, reading room, garden office, family room...and more. The choice is all yours!
- Planning permission is rarely required. However, we are also able to offer expert guidance on planning and building regulations.
From your initial enquiry through to final completion, you can also expect absolute attention to detail from everyone at Garden Spaces. We aim to exceed your expectations both in terms of the service we provide and the build quality of your garden room.